Should we prohibit the genetic enhancement of fetuses? UWO’s Debate Society and Students for Partners in Health have collaborated to hold a show debate for the public. Curious about the ethical and philosophical implications of genetic engineering? Join us on Thursday, January 26, at 6 PM, at UWO Social Science Centre, Room 2032.
Debate Motion: “In a world where genetic technologies allow for the modification of fetuses for traits like strength and intelligence, this house would prohibit the genetic enhancement of fetuses.”
The event features:
- Audience pre- and post-debate vote
- Two teams from UWO Debate Society present their case for and against this resolution
- Critique from Students for Partners in Health
- Audience Q and A
- Refreshments and baked goods fundraiser (all proceeds going to Partners in Health global health programs)
- Optional social off-campus (details TBA)
Learn more at the Designer Babies event Facebook page.